The ECOWAS Current Account is for West African nationals within the sub-region who school, trade or visit Ghana on a regular basis. This is to ensure convenience of travel and easy access to funds.
- The account is available in Ghana Cedis (GHS), Great British Pounds (GBP), United States Dollar (USD) or EURO (€)
- The account is available to West African nationals within the sub region who have financial obligations in Ghana or visit Ghana on a regular basis
- The account can be funded by: o Swift transfers from the customers foreign account Direct cash or o Cheque lodgment to accounts from any GHLB branch by third party. o Funds transfer from account holder or third party via any bank in Ghana o Cash deposit by the account holder
- Have a banking relationship in Ghana
- A dedicated relationship manager
- Make transfers to meet obligations in Ghana (school fees, business projects etc.)
- Access to Internet Banking and Mobile App
- Access to the GHLB client experience centre
- Access to E-Alert
- Competitive interest rates
- Completed account opening form and email indemnity form.
- Initial deposit: GHS 500/ USD 200/ EUR 200/GBP 200
- Two (2) current passport pictures of the account signatory.
- Valid Proof of Identification of the signatory (Ghanaian Passport, Driver’s license, Voter’s ID or Foreign passport if place of birth is Ghana or Residence or Work permit if nationality is Ghanaian)
- Proof of Foreign Address as stated in the forms. The Foreign address must be clearly stated on the preferred proof of address and written in English; Current utility bill not exceeding 3 months, Foreign Bank statement, Foreign driver’s license